Feb 1, 2012

Spicy Beef Tofu

No original recipe, I made it myself and didn't really measure them. sorry :( 

Ingredients : 
ground beef
tofu (cut into small dices)
spring onions
shallots 
garlic
oyster sauce (+/- 2 tbsp)
sesame oil
chili Garlic Sauce (+/- 1tbsp, depends on how spicy you want it to be. I use Indonesian Cap Ibu Jari brand, if you can't find any, try Lee Kum Kee)
salt and pepper

Method :
Heat sesame oil and saute the garlic and shallots. Put in the the ground beef and cook until it changes color. Mix in the oyster sauce, chili garlic sauce, spring onions, salt and pepper. Stir well. Stir in the tofu. Taste. Serve with warm rice.


Vie's Result :
Vie's Notes : It taste pretty much like mapo tofu. But I made a litlle twist and made it dry and spicy.

1 comment:

Kitchen Riffs said...

You're right, this is a dry version of Mapo Tofu. A very nice variation - looks wonderful. I cook by sight and feel a lot - I often don't measure ingredients. So your lack of measurements doesn't bother me - I can figure it out! Anyway, thanks for this.