Jan 31, 2013

Simple Baked Penne

Pasta pasta pasta! who can get enough of this amazing Italian dish? It is delicious, and easy to make. I had an idea of making Baked Penne, cause we usually order it from the local Pizza delivery here, which tastes good. Bf's favorite too. Then I wondered, why don't I make it by myself? I asked my bf to accompany me to buy the ingredients in the supermarket, and made it the next day. The result is fortunately satisfying! He said that he likes the sauce so much. 



Ingredients
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • 1 pound dried penne
  • 1 clove chopped garlic
  • 3-4 tomatoes 
  • ketchup
  • sugar, salt, pepper 
  • parmesan cheese
  • cheese slices 
  • beef
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 200° C.  
  2. Oil your baking dish with 2 teaspoon of oil. 
  3. Cook penne (according to the package directions)
  4. Heat oil in saucepan in medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 minute
  5. Cook the minced beef until it is no longer pink
  6. Add tomatoes, ketchup, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, pinch of pepper. (I know I don't have the exact amount of the ketchup sugar salt and pepper. I forgot to measure, cause usually I just depend on my tasting skill. So I suggest you to taste EVERY SINGLE TIME. Don't pour too much, if you're not convinced!)
  7. Bring to boil
  8. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened (+/- 15 mins)
  9. Stir in the cheese slices (I used 3-4 slices)
  10. Put half of the cooked penne into the baking dish, top them with parmesan and cheddar again if you want. Repeat this step with the remaining pasta, but not the cheddar (to prevent it from burning)
  11. Bake it for 10-15minutes before bubbling, then put the cheese slices on top and let it bake until bubbling for another 5 minutes
Vie's Notes: You could actually changed the penne into someting else. Fusilli, macaroni, ziti, farfalle could work too, don't you think?

No comments: