One of my favorite dish all time! I have seen my mom made this a few times, but she would fry the chickens, instead of baking them. This time I tried to bake them. However, personally I still prefer the fried ones, maybe cause they're crunchier.
- 4 skinless chicken breast
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (if you dont have, just use plain breadcrumbs and season them with salt and ground black pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch (around 1cm) thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Vie's notes: I made a simple mistake here, I didn't put much salt on the chicken, that's why they were a little bit under-seasoned. Make sure that you didn't do it!