If you're a big fan of garlic, you'll love this recipe a lot! It's easy and simple to make too! Got this recipe from Allrecipes. The key to make this dish perfect is lots and lots of garlic. However, if you're not a fan of garlic, then you can just reduce its amount.
1 1/2 tbs olive oil
1 pound shrimp
salt and pepper
6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/4 ts red pepper flakes
3 tbs lemon juice
1 1/2 tbs butter
1/3 cup parsley (I didn't use this much, cause my housemate is not really a fan of parsley)
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and look for 1 minute without stirring
- Season shrimp with salt, cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes, cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, 2 teaspoon of butter and half of parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir the rest of butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2-3 mins
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl, continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if too thick, about 2 mins. Season with salt to taste
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining parsley
Vie's notes: In case you have no idea what is red pepper flakes, here is a picture below. You can also substitute it with chopped chilies. Check out this video from Allrecipes if you want more details!